Welcome to our website www.thecandlehaven.com (the “The Candle Haven Site” or the “Site”).By accessing this website and /or by placing an order, you accept these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”)
in full and the documents referred to within them. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you
must not use this website.The ‘The Candle Haven’ Site is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial, illegal or
unauthorised purpose. Kindly note that you must be 18 years or over to use this website or purchase goods from this Site.
By using this website, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.The following Terms & Conditions apply to the use of the entire Site and/ or all orders placed by ‘You’ (the customer or user
your visit to the Site.While we look forward to offer all customers an unparallel class service, please do read these Terms and Conditions carefully
as they contain important information about your order and use of this website.
1. About Us
This website and online shop is owned and operated by The Candle Haven. Our registered address is Triq Luigi Ellul, H’Attard ATD3023, Malta. Our VAT registration number is MT23013207.
To be eligible to purchase goods on this Site and to lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Site under Maltese law you must: (a) be 18 years of age or older (b) be the holder of a valid Credit Card.
3. Product Information
Every care has been taken to ensure that the photographic representation, description and specification of each product are accurate. However,
while the reproduction of colours is a close representation, a slight variation in the actual goods may occur. We are therefore unable to
guarantee that the product images you see are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise.
The Candle Haven attempts to be as accurate as possible in all details, descriptions, images and prices of products appearing on the Site. However,
to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colours or other content available on the Site are accurate,
complete, reliable, current or error-free.
All items shown on this Site are subject to withdrawal at any given time.
4. Customer Service
In case of any queries, please feel free to contact us on the hereunder details:
e-mail: [email protected] (online store related queries/generic)
phone: (+356) 7994 8740
5. Placing an Order & Payment Methods
You can place an order through this Site.
Online payment can be effected via Credit Card. After you select your products, “Check Out” with your desired payment option. Once payment is finalised and received, we will send you an email confirming your purchase. Another email will be sent to you with delivery details for your order.
If the product is not available in stock, you will be informed by email and refunded via Credit Card or cash accordingly.
The legally binding contract between You and The Candle Haven shall be completed solely upon delivery of the goods.
Processing of payment and acknowledgment of the order does not complete the contract between us.
A VAT invoice will be received either on pickup or together with your delivered items.
If you require any information regarding your order/s, please contact us on the details provided herein.
We may not accept your order if an item you have ordered is out of stock, we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment, we suspect
a product or pricing error.
If we are unable to fulfil your order following our order acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this.
6. Title to Goods
We will retain the legal ownership of the goods until delivery of the ordered items. Legal ownership of the goods will immediately revert to us
if we refund any such payment to you.
7. Risk of loss
Risk in the goods will pass to you upon delivery to you.
Orders must be placed by 12pm CET to start processing on the same day, otherwise it will be processed the next day. Processing time usually takes
1-2 business days. Delivery times are based on orders placed between Monday – Friday (excluding public holidays). Personalised items are delivered within 7-10 working days. Non-personalised items are delivered up to 5 working days. Vat receipt issued with delivery or pick up.
Local Customers (Malta and Gozo)
Once an order is accepted by us, delivery is: by a 3rd party courier . In the latter case, delivery is done once you are contacted by email or telephone and delivery arrangements have been agreed with you. It is important that you
provide us with a valid contact number.
Items can also be picked up from our local store.
The delivery charge is that of €5.00 and will be added to your total bill once purchase is concluded.
We currently do not offer International Shipping. In the future, we hope to offer online shopping convenience to all our guests.
9. Items not received
In the event that the goods dispatched by a third party courier are not delivered, we will be unable to refund you before we have allowed 30 days to pass from the date of dispatch. If you still haven’t received your order after this time, please contact Customer Services and we can assist you. Please
note there is a time limit of 3 months from purchase after this no refund will be made.
- If any of the products purchased are damaged, incorrect or faulty when delivered to you, we may offer a refund or replacement of the product as appropriate or a credit note, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a product is faulty, you should return the product to us in accordance with the returns procedure. If you have any questions regarding returns, please contact Customer Service.
- Returns can be made via The Candle Haven outlet on presentation of a The Candle Haven invoice (provided on delivery of product/s) and as specified above. In case of all returns, You can either exchange a product with a replacement or request to have a credit note. This without prejudice to your legal rights.
- Please be advised that you cannot return any unsealed products for health protection and / or hygiene reasons.
11. Pricing Policy
- All prices displayed on the website are indicated in Euro and are inclusive of applicable Malta VAT rates of 18%. Delivery charges (where applicable)
are not included in the indicated price but will be added to the total amount once you have selected a delivery option.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- Although we try to ensure all our pricing displayed on the Site are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item
you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price, failing which it will
- The Candle Haven endeavours to ensure that all goods offered on the Site are available at the same price as in our outlets. However, from time to time we may
offer additional discounts for purchases online that do not apply in the Store or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on the Site may
not be offered as part of a set within the Store and individual prices may apply.
The Store may also run additional discount promotions for purchases made by any of our accepted payment methods, including during the Christmas and
Sale periods. Please be advised that this may not apply to purchases made through the Site or over the telephone.
12. Limited Licence to use Website
Unless otherwise stated, The Candle Haven and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website including all
text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations and software used in connection with the Site. The trademarks, logos and service
marks displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered marks of The Candle Haven. All other trademarks not owned by The Candle Haven that appear on the Site
are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us. Subject to the licence below,
all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
We grant you a limited, revocable and non-exclusive license to access and make personal use of the Site. This limited licence does not include the right to:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- Redistribute material from this website.
This website may include links to third party web sites (“Third Party Site(s)”) from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible
for the availability of such Third Party Sites and will not be responsible or liable for any content or services available from such Third Party
Sites. You should check the privacy statements and Terms and Conditions of use of Third Party Sites accessible from this website.
13. No Warranties
We do not represent or warrant that the material contained in the website, any of the functions of the website and the server will operate without
interruption or delay or will be error-free, free from defects, viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. The website
is provided “as is”. Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
14. Limitations of Liability
We do not accept liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or
anticipated savings, loss of contacts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations apply even if The Candle Haven has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit.
By using this website you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not
think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You hereby indemnify The Candle Haven and undertake to keep The Candle Haven indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without
limitation to legal expenses and any amounts paid by The Candle Haven to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of The Candle Haven’ legal
advisers) incurred or suffered by The Candle Haven arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or arising out of any
claim that you have breached any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Breaches of these Terms and Conditions
Without prejudice to The Candle Haven other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, The Candle Haven may take such
action as The Candle Haven deems appropriate to deal with such breach. If you default negligently or wilfully in any of the obligations set out in these
17. Your Personal details
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide is true, accurate and current in all
- We have the right to amend, change and revise the The Candle Haven website and correct or update information (including goods information) without notice.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. Our new terms will
be displayed on the site and by continuing to use and access the site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us.
It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
- If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other
provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that
part will be deemed to be deleted and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in a waiver of such right.
- The Candle Haven may transfer, subcontract, assign or otherwise deal with The Candle Haven rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without notifying
you or obtaining your consent.
- You may not transfer, sub-contract, assign or otherwise deal your rights and/ or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Malta.
- Any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be determined and finally settled through Arbitration. The parties agree that, in such
case, any disputes shall be referred to the Malta Centre for Arbitration located in Valletta, Malta, and each dispute shall be determined in
accordance with Maltese law and regulated by the procedure and Rules of Arbitration which govern arbitrations in Malta. Disputes will be settled
by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with those Rules, unless the parties agree otherwise. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Maltese
language. The seat of arbitration shall be Malta unless the parties otherwise agree. The decision given by the arbitral tribunal shall be final
and no appeal shall lie from such a decision.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on the 23rd May, 2020.